Launch cables are required by an OTDR to accurately measure the insertion loss of the near-end and/or far-end connection of a fiber optic link. They reveal the insertion loss and reflectance of the fiber under test by placing the near-end blind area (dead zone event) in the launch itself. Placing the dead zone event in the launch enables measurement through the launch and event revealing the insertion loss and reflectance of the next connection, the fiber under test. The receive cable (a launch cable at the far end of the link) reveals the insertion loss and reflectance of the far-end connection. They assist in the accurate measurement of end-to-end loss, fiber loss, connector loss and reflectance of optical fiber links.
They are essentially test jumpers that can range from about 150 m to over 2 km in length. They are available for all modalities: 50/125 multimode, 62.5/125 multimode, or 9/125 single-mode and are packaged in heavy duty, dust proof, water tight carrying cases
Launch cables of 150 meters are ideal for premises fiber network test applications. Fiber Rings of 500 meters through 2 km of single-mode fiber are designed for broadband, long-haul fiber network test applications.The OTDR
* Pulse Suppressor, Launch Box, Delay Line, Installation/Testing, Training, Calibration.
* Compound Box Latch for positive seal and easy opening with locking feature.
* Nonmetal construction will not dent, corrode, or conduct electricity.
* Water and dust proof allowing the unit to be taken into almost any environment.
* Case can house up to 2,000 meters of fiber.
* Auto Purge Valve for changes in altitude and temperature
INS OTDR Launch Cable Box Single Mode SC / APC - FC / UPC 1000 Meters
- Brand: INS
- Product Code: LB-SCA-FC-S-1
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $456.00